Lady Bugs Or Lady Birds?

lHi Guys!
How are we all doing? Today after a debate with my Partner about what these little guys are called I decided to include them in a manicure. He insists they are called Lady Bugs but me being British, I've grown up calling them Lady Birds. Why do us British call them Lady Birds...? Now that he put that into my mind I really do have no idea. Anyway, here's today look!

On my thumb and middle finger I used two coats of PIcture Polish 'Jade' and used striping tape to create a leafy diagonal look. I then applied A nice thick coat of Essie's 'Mojito Madness' and removed the tape. I made small Lady Bird Bug decals using my Mash Nail Art pen in black and filled them with China Glaze 'Red Satin'. I adhered them to my nail by applying a top coat and letting it partially dry so I could use tweezers to place my self-made decal ontop. I'm a little lady bugged that it looks messy where I stuck the decals as it was looking so tidy before that.

On my remaining fingers I used two coats of China Glaze 'Red Satin' and used my Mash nail pen to create the Lady Bugs...Lady Birds... What do you guys think?

What do you guys call these cute little bugs? Lady Birds or Lady Bugs? Have you tried an insect inspired manicure? 



  1. Hehe I call them lady bugs, but no matter what they are called, your mani is super cute! :-)

    ~ Yun

  2. Aww these nails are so cute! I call them ladybirds too, although it doesn't make much sense! x

    1. Thank you Amy! I think its an English thing, huh? :D

  3. This is soooo cute! We in Germany call them "Marienkaefer". Have a nice weekend!

    1. Thanks Stadtwaldvogel, and thankyou for teaching me some German! Have a great weekend too! x

  4. I call them ladybugs. Cute mani!

  5. I LOVE ladybugs, I always heard they are good luck if they land on you!!! Great idea!


♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig